(I know it's been ages and an eternity since I've written on this terrifyingly old blog, but I figured this was the best place to put this... so please don't go reading all my old posts, they're irrelevant, and frankly, embarrassing.;) haha anywaysssss.)
"21 days of Prayer" is a thing my church does twice a year to get out of the holiday slump and help refocus your life completely on God. You don't necessarily have to fast from anything in this time of total worship, but I am choosing to.
Over the past few weeks, I've become aware of the dependence I have on the internet and social media. This addiction has stolen time, focus, and instilled a self-centered spirit in me. So for the next twenty-one days I'm going to be fasting from all social media and other time-consuming internet activities (i.e., Netflix, Pinterest, and all the other fun, but addicting, things as such).
No, I'm not getting rid of my phone or my emails, so you will still be able to contact me. Don't worry. I just need to start this semester and 2014 off with my life correctly aligned and not focused on the latest trend on campus or most recent Netflix episode.
I'm not doing this to simply give up this stuff, but to gain a Godly perspective. I've prayed hard, thought long, and sought much Godly advice on this. I know it's going to be difficult at times, but the reward will be worth any selfish desire of my own.
I would be honored if you would join with me in prayer for myself and everyone else who is using this time to grow closer to the only one who can heal them.
Much love to you all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment