Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wondrous Words Wednesday

My reading choices these past couple weeks have been limited. Well, limited in my view. SO, I’ve been reading (and rereading, and rereading) the Lauren Holbrook series, by Erynn Mangum. The characters are very personable and I’m definitely in love with this series and her new Maya Davis series

****

Fetish
(n)
Definition
: an abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation
Usage: “Dad, aware of my word fetish, doesn’t do anything but smile at me.”
~Miss Match

Conniving
(adj)
Definition
: acting together in secret toward a fraudulent or illegal end
Usage: “You and Susan have the same little conniving brain.”
~Miss Match

Condone
(v)
Definition
: to overlook, forgive, or disregard
Usage: “Your plan worked… not that I condone it.”
~Miss Match

***

For more Wondrous Words, check out Bermudaonion’s weblog!

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The series must be good if you keep rereading it! It looks like it has great words in it too. Thanks so much for playing along today!

Margot said...

The book series you're reading is new to me. Sounds like you've found a winner. Glad it can keep you supplied with new words.