Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wondrous Words Wednesday

This first word is a ballet term. The ordinary human will probable not care about what it means, but for me, it was quite the revelation. I had no idea it meant that!

Piqué
(v)
Definition:
To prick
Usage: “The dancer did a series of piqué passé turns.”

***

This next word I found while listening to my Bible this morning.

Transgress
(v)
Definition:
To commit an offense by violating a law or command; sin
Usage: “But like Adam they transgressed the covenant;
there they dealt faithlessly with me.”
~Hosea 6:7
 Wondrous Words

***

For more Wondrous Words, check out Bermudaonion’s weblog!

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Great words! I only knew pique in the "pique your interest" sense, but that might not have an accent mark. Thanks for participating today.

Margot said...

Good words. I never thought about paying attention to my Bible for new words.