Sunday, as the preacher was preaching and his slides were coming up on the screen I caught what I thought was a typo.
I was discussing it with my dad afterwards and he said he had looked up the word, and it actually was supposed to be “misspelled” like our preacher had spelled it!
Largess
(n.)
Definition: extremely liberal and generous of spirit
Usage: “In God’s hands our little is His largess.”
~Allen Wright
For more “Wondrous Words,” check out Bermudaonion’s blog.
4 comments:
I like largess and the quote. Glad you are finding new words wherever you are, even in church.
We have a family who shares their largess with us. Thanks for giving me a word to describe their generosity. :)
Here are my words...
http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/03/wondrous-words_31.html
Oops...I cut and pasted the wrong link! Here are my words...
http://westietherapy.blogspot.com/2010/03/wondrous-words-malicious-intent.html
The look on your face was so funny when Alan said that and the quote went up on the screen! ;-) Like, "What in the world is he saying?!?" I have actually heard that word before, but it seems to be an old and outdated one for sure. But hey, I'm glad it made for a good story on your 'wondrous words.' :)
Post a Comment